Saturday, October 16, 2021

My Momma Helps Build Families: Teaching Kids About Being a Gestational Carrier

My Momma Helps Build Families: Teaching Kids About Being a Gestational Carrier 
written and illustrated by Felicia Anderson
Language: English 
Independently published, 2021. 
24 p. : col. ill. ; cm. 
ISBN: 9798508101589 
Summary: Teaching kids how families can be created. Families are created in so many ways and there are so many ways individuals help. One way is for a woman to use her uterus as a Gestational Carrier, to help another family grow their baby. This isn't always easy to explain to kids. I have found the easiest way for a child to understand this is to say "I'm growing your new friend". I put this together through the experience of being a carrier while raising my 3 small children ages 2-7 years old, who know lovingly talk to their new friend and eagerly awaiting meeting their friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment