by Jerry and Jordan Windle
illus. by Hollie Hibbert
Jerry Windle, 2011.
20 p. : col. ill. ; cm.
Summary: An Orphan No More: The True Story of a Boy: chapter one celebrates the concept that love is love. Rodney has long dreamed of being a parent. Although he is told that he cannot be a parent alone, fate has much more in store. Rodney discovers that a selfless act of protection actually becomes his first step toward fatherhood. Little Jordy, an orphaned duckling, has discoveries of his own: he learns the meaning of love, of family, and what it's like to feel the pain of being different. Through a bedtime story, Jordy learns of his namesake, a little boy named Jordan, who was also orphaned as a baby. Will similar beginnings lead to similar fates? Only time will tell.
- Roosters -- Juvenile fiction
- Ducklings -- Juvenile fiction
- Orphans -- Juvenile fiction
- Adoption -- Juvenile fiction
- Fathers and sons -- fiction
- Jerry Windle -- Juvenile fiction
- Jordan Windle -- Juvenile fiction